Thursday, February 3, 2011

Are Internet Leads Bad?

Internet leads are as good as you want them to be. I believe that about 30-40% of the leads we have are actively looking to buy a home. Whether or not we will be their Agent is really up to how well my Agents, or my systems, help those customers become our customers!

If you read any of my manuals, or my book, you know that I have the 40% rule. We have found that approximately 40% of our leads are active on our site. So why would we not be their Realtor? The main reason is lack of follow up. Most Agents have no system in place to convert these leads (customers) to customers for life (sales).

So are Internet leads bad? NO! The key is are you good enough to convert these leads to sales. In most cases, most Agents, are not good enough. Ok, I can see everyone swearing at me right now from saying they are not good. I don't mean you aren't a good Realtor. I do mean that you may not be good at sales. The most important aspect of sales is prospecting and conversion. If you are not prospecting in Real Estate, you are not maximizing your sales. By collecting Internet leads, you are giving yourself the ability to prospect your own database verse cold calling trying to get appointments.

Personally I would prefer to spend my time calling leads that I have built a relationship by sending listings, just checking in letters and the other info that allows us to stay in touch with our customers. I'm not a big fan of cold calling. I'm a huge fan of warm calling.

If you really want to be successful in your business career by using the Internet, then you can't look at Internet leads as bad. You need to look in the mirror and ask yourself if you are doing the best job you can to convert those leads to customers for life.

No comments:

Post a Comment