Saturday, March 12, 2011

To call or not to call

I've received a bunch of calls recently about whether or not you should call your leads or not. I know you all know how I feel about this, but I wanted to comment. Here is what this company is saying. They believe that you shouldn't chase leads (prospect). They believe that when a lead is ready to buy, they will be contacting you.

Here is the reality. There are certainly leads that will contact you when they are ready to buy as long as you have been sending them listings and what they are looking to buy. However, the question isn't those leads, it's the leads (money), that you have left on the table because you didn't make any calls. Simple answer. My Agents (who no longer receive leads) who didn't make calls would get 5-10 sales per year without lifting a finger. Yup, it's possible. However, my Agents that make calls sell 20-30 homes per year from leads. The numbers don't lie.

Let's look at another scenario. You are sending someone listings and never call. You never have any conversation except maybe an email or two. They are on another website, which they are always, and that agent calls and has a discussion with them about their home purchase and continues to follow up. Who do you think they are going to use when it comes time to buy?

In the end, those who give great customer service and follow up will always sell more homes than those who just wait for the leads to call you. I know it sounds great...you never have to make a call and the sales just come pouring in. As long as you don't mind losing a ton of sales, I guess that's ok. Frankly, I spend much too much money on my Internet marketing, I'm not about to let them go if I don't have to.

Prospect your database, you have a gold mine sitting there, all you have to do is call!

No comments:

Post a Comment