Sunday, December 5, 2010

Working Internet Leads - It's all about mindset

As most of you know, working Internet leads is pretty much my life these days. Ok, it has been for the past 9 years. Almost daily, I read posts throughout the Internet on the subject. I read different views on so many aspects of lead conversion and most of the times it is from people who don't have any success converting Internet leads, but they are quick to tell you how to do it.

One thing I always say is, I don't know if my system is the best system on the market. I don't know if someone out there is doing a better job than I am or that my brokerage is at closing deals from the Internet. I do know however, that my system works great for myself and my brokerage.

I think the most important aspect of lead conversion is mindset. How do you handle your Internet leads? Do you send them an email asking them if they need anything and letting them know you are there for them? Do you get many if any responses? Is your mindset that if they were really serious about buying a home they will call me? How is that working for you so far?

It's about mindset. Working any sales job is about numbers. The more people you contact and build relationships with, the more sales you get. I don't really care if you are selling vacuum cleaners, cars, medical equipment or houses. It doesn't matter. The more relationships you have, the more sales.

There is one belief that I have and I believe most of my Agents have that changes the game. When most Agents are telling leads who are buying in a year to call them if they need them, we are looking at that lead as an opportunity to create a great relationship over the next 12 months. Do they all buy? Of course not. But, we know that if we build a great relationship, we will be their Realtor if they do buy.

There is so much more that goes into lead conversion than a great mindset, however, it is by far the most important aspect of converting leads. If you don't have the proper mindset, you will never do a great job using the Internet to build your business. Don't be one of those Agents that throw a ton of marketing dollars at the Internet and yet don't have the right mindset. If you look at each lead and each contact as a potential new customer for life and spend your follow up developing this relationship, you will win. It's that simple.

To learn more about the proper follow up systems, go to the Lead Conversion Simplified webinar within the site. This webinar is the easiest to follow and understand the importance of having an easy to follow seminar to grow your business.

If you have questions about your lead conversion programs, don't hesitate to let me know. I'm always available to enjoy a great discussion about helping you become a strong Internet Real Estate Agent!

3 comments:

  1. Mitch, great post. It is about mindset and I find that true in most endeavors in life. If you have the right mindset and the right systems in place, you can succeed in just about anything. Thanks for all the great info.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These days especially it's tough for most Agents. Everything around us in negative. However, it's the ones that keep smiling and pushing forward that succeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I'm interested in the Webinar you reference, and cannot find it.

    ReplyDelete